NY DFS looking for Blockchain/Crypto Developers according to notification released on their website.
The Department of Financial Services (DFS) is seeking applicants to fill the position of Deputy Superintendent in the Research and Innovation Division with a special focus on virtual currencies, digital currencies, blockchain, distributed ledger technology, and other related innovative and derivative products and technologies. The incumbent of this position will provide expertise to support policy decisions and the regulation of emerging and innovative markets, including virtual currencies and virtual currency markets and businesses. They will provide leadership to guide the Department’s strategy on these issues and engage with industry.
The duties of the position will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Directing the development of key initiatives and compliance measures concerning virtual currency, virtual currency activities, markets, participants and the underlying technologies, in consultation with other DFS divisions, including DFS’ Office of General Counsel (OGC);
- Providing guidance to the staff responsible for reviewing and processing applications for licensure and examinations of virtual currency firms;
- Coordinating with other state and federal regulators;
- Directing the development of enforcement procedures relating to virtual currencies, consistent with overarching policies, including but not limited to NYCRR Part 200;
- Directing the development of policies and communication strategies for virtual currency applicants and entities licensed in New York to engage in virtual currency activities;
- Maintaining engagement with industry and other ecosystem stakeholders to facilitate two-way communication between DFS and industry;•
- Providing ongoing advice and recommendations to DFS regarding additional and future directions DFS could pursue with regard to virtual currencies and related technologies;
- Staying abreast of trends in virtual currency markets, including the development of new products and services, virtual currency linked investments, the underlying technologies, data privacy, anti-money laundering initiatives, and updating stakeholders and agency management on a periodic basis; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Formal qualifications are not filed for this position. However, the following will be considered:
- Compliance, legal, or other relevant experience on matters related to virtual currencies, digital currencies, blockchain, distributed ledger technology.
- Knowledge and experience related to the Department’s virtual currency regulations.
- Experience in financial markets including but not limited to trading, banking, capital markets, and regulatory compliance.
- Experience in the operation, management, risk management, compliance, audit or internal control of business activities including but not limited to virtual currencies and/or currencies stored and transferred electronically.
This is an appointment to a position in the exempt jurisdictional class. As such, the incumbent of this position would serve at the pleasure of the appointing authority.
To Apply: Interested qualified candidates must submit a resume and letter of interest no later than October 31, 2019, to the email address listed below. Please include (Box DSVC-10121) in the subject line of your email to ensure receipt of your application. Email submissions are preferred.
New York State Department of Financial Services
Office of Human Resources Management
99 Washington Avenue, Suite 301
Albany, New York 12257
Fax: (518) 402-5071